Ziplock Bags Are The Perfect Storage Solution For Small Spaces
Ziplock bags have so many uses around the house. They are perfect for storing anything, especially items that need to be kept in a dry area. Here are some great ideas for how you can use ziplock bags to store practically anything.
1. Use ziplock bags to store bedding. This is great for dorm rooms or small apartments where you don’t have a lot of storage space for bulky items such as comforters and blankets. Ziplock bags are also waterproof, so if your building has issues with flooding or leaks, this will keep your things safe.
2. Keep ziplock bags in your car to store emergency supplies, especially during winter months when the roads can be treacherous. Fill them with snow shovels, flashlights, extra batteries, sand or kitty litter (in case you get stuck on ice), flares and blankets. That way you’ll always be prepared in case of an emergency while traveling in bad weather conditions! You can find these bags at any grocery store or drugstore; just make sure they are labeled “heavy duty” and can withstand cold temperatures.
3. Use larger gallon-sized freezer bags to store snacks
Ziplock bags are the perfect storage solution for small spaces. They can be used to store small items in larger bags, or they can be used to keep large bags organized. They help you keep track of your stuff.
This is our second blog post on using ziplock bags to organize your home. We’re working on a series of posts about small spaces and how to organize them. This will be the second post in the series, but we didn’t want to leave you hanging! So we decided to post it early, so you can start planning your next move!
One of the biggest challenges with living in a small space is finding enough storage. It seems like there’s always stuff everywhere. But what if you could find a way to store all of your belongings in a way that was both practical and stylish? Now you can!
We’ve rounded up some of our favorite ways for those who live in small apartments or houses with limited storage space. These ideas will help you keep your things organized, while also making it easy for you to find what you need when it’s time to go out into the world again!
Ziplock bags, clearly the best storage solution for small spaces.
Some people like to complain about ziplock bags. They say that they are not good for the environment because they are made of plastic. Or that they are not good for food because the plastic can leach chemicals into whatever is stored in them. But I think these people have been hoodwinked by advertising from Tupperware, Glad, and other companies into thinking that there is a better way of storing things than with ziplock bags. There isn’t!
Ziplock bags are the perfect storage solution for small spaces because they:
Take up minimal space when empty, and can be folded or rolled up tightly to save even more space
Are resealable and reusable, so you do not need to keep buying more every time you open one (unlike baggies)
Are leakproof and waterproof, unlike cardboard or plastic containers which can absorb water and let it seep out again later
Are stiff enough to stand up on their own when filled with something (unlike containers)
Can be easily labeled with a Sharpie on the outside
Come in a variety of sizes to suit your needs
Come in both freezer bags (which will not get brittle and crack
Ziplock bags are the perfect storage solution for small spaces! You can store anything from your tiniest trinkets to your largest items. Here are some tips on how to get started:
1. Get the right size.
2. Label your bags with a Sharpie.
3. Keep track of what’s in each bag and where it is with a spreadsheet or phone app.
4. Be sure to use food-safe materials, like these freezer bags from Ziploc!
Ziplock bags are a great way to organize your small spaces because they come in many sizes, are inexpensive, and can hold the things you need to keep organized.
Here are a few ways you can use ziplock bags to organize your small spaces:
1. They make it easy to organize your makeup brushes.
2. You can keep your nail polish organized in them.
3. Use them as a travel organizer for toiletries like shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste when you go on vacation or business trips. (Bonus: This will also save space in your luggage!)
4. Store pens and pencils in one with the lid closed so they don’t get lost while traveling from place to place around town or around the world!
5. Use ziplock bags as shoe organizers by placing two shoes inside each bag before putting them into storage containers or suitcases when traveling so there’s no risk of getting scuffed up on any surfaces like wood floors or carpeting during transit periods between destinations.”
Ask any small space dweller, and they’ll tell you: storage is a major issue. We’re constantly trying to find ways to use every square inch of space as efficiently as possible. (I mean, does anyone actually need that much floor space, anyway?) But what about all of those random odds and ends that don’t really have a place in your home?
If you’re like me, the answer is “stuffed into the back of a closet” or “buried at the bottom of a drawer.” Not ideal. Especially when you need to find something!
Thankfully, I’ve discovered the perfect solution for this problem: ziplock bags. Why use ziplock bags? Three reasons:
1) They’re cheap (you can buy 100 for $6 on Amazon)
2) They’re clear so you can see exactly what’s inside each bag without having to open it
3) They take up way less room than bulky plastic bins and boxes
Sounds crazy, right? Hear me out…
I have a two-bedroom apartment in Brooklyn, NY. My place is very small, like many in the city. As I’ve grown older, I’ve had less and less tolerance for clutter. This can be a real problem when living in a small apartment with limited closet space.
For years now, I’ve used ziplock bags as my main storage solution for small items that would otherwise get lost or create clutter around my home. Small items like paperclips and stamps fit perfectly in a ziplock bag. I even have a ziplock bag that holds all of my spare change! You can see it below.
I recently discovered that you can also use ziplock bags to store clothing and linens! They’re actually the perfect size to hold all your sheets and towels, especially if you live in a small space where closet space is valuable.
I believe everyone could benefit from an extra closet to store their stuff in — but the reality is that most of us don’t have one (or even the room for one). That’s why I created this site: to show you how using ziplock bags as your main storage solution can help keep your home clutter free, especially if you live in a small space.